The Arkansas State Library receives funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act Grants to States Program.
The Arkansas State Library uses the Grants to States federal funding to support statewide projects, which serve libraries of all types throughout the state.
To receive these funds, the State Library must provide matching funds and meet the requirements of Maintenance of Effort.
IMLS Supported Projects
Projects supported by IMLS funding include:
- Traveler Statewide Resource Program
- Arkansas Digital Library Consortium
- Summer Reading Program
- Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
- Public Library Consulting Services
- Professional Development opportunities
- Arkansas Center for the Book
- State Documents Depository program
- Federal Depository Library Program
- Traditional library services including Reference, Circulation and Interlibrary Loan.