The Library for the Blind and Print Disabled at the Arkansas State Library is the local network operator of the National Library Service at the Library of Congress.
The National Library Service (NLS) is a free library service for people with temporary or permanent low vision, blindness, or a physical disability that prevents them from reading or holding the printed page.
Eligible patrons may receive books and magazines in braille or audio format, through free mail delivery or digital download.
Application for Service
Application forms are available online, but may also be requested through the mail by writing to LBPD.
Imprima la solicitud y envíe por correo el formulario completado. Los formularios de solicitud también se pueden solicitar por correo postal.
Print application and mail completed form to:
- Arkansas State Library
- Services for the Blind and Print Disabled
- 900 West Capitol Ave, suite 100
- Little Rock, AR 72201-9709
The following persons are eligible for service:
A. Blind persons whose visual acuity, as determined by competent authority, is 20/200 or less in the better eye with correcting lenses, or whose widest diameter of visual field subtends an angular distance no greater than 20 degrees.
B. Other physically handicapped persons are eligible as follows:
- Persons whose visual disability, with correction and regardless of optical measurement, is certified by competent authority as preventing the reading of standard printed material
- Persons certified by competent authority as unable to read or unable to use standard printed material as a result of physical limitations.
- Persons certified by competent authority as having a reading disability resulting from organic dysfunction and of sufficient severity to prevent their reading printed material in a normal manner.
For assistance, please contact:
- Tel: 501-682-1155 in the Little Rock area
- Toll Free: 1-866-660-0885, statewide.
- Fax: 501-682-1529
- Email: email@example.com