As part of the Arkansas State Library’s ongoing mission to serve as the information resource center for state government, the Information Services unit provides reference assistance, facilitates access to library resources, and conducts Interlibrary Loan services on behalf of state agencies and the Arkansas General Assembly.
Information Services also provides reference assistance to library staff and members of the public. Reference services are available in person, over the phone, and online via email.
Contact Information Services during business hours at (501) 682-2053, or anytime via online form.
In addition to help with general research, Reference staff can provide assistance and information on the following:
- United States federal patent and trademark training;
- Arkansas state trademarks;
- Copyright information and resources from the United States’ Copyright Offfice at the Library of Congress;
- Assistance retrieving and using materials from the Arkansas State Library’s physical collections, including the State Documents Depository, Federal Documents and Library Science collections
- Assistance retrieving and using the Arkansas State Library’s digital collections;
ASL Reference staff do not conduct legal, medical or genealogical research.