The Arkansas State Library serves as the information resource center for state agencies, legislators and legislative staffs; provides guidance and support for the development of local public libraries and provides the resources, services, and leadership necessary to meet the educational, informational and cultural needs of the citizens of Arkansas.
The State Library administers state and federal funds appropriated for libraries and library development, including State Aid To Public Libraries funds and federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds.
Agency Goals and Objectives:
- Provide library and information services to state government and Arkansas citizens;
- Enhance access to libraries and information resources;
- Promote the development, use and support of public libraries and information resources;
- Foster the recruitment, training, and education of library personnel; and
- Provide effective leadership and administration needed to improve public libraries and library services.