Youth Services aims to enhance and facilitate services in public and school libraries across the state in order to promote literacy and a lifelong love of reading in Arkansans from birth.
The Coordinator of Youth Services provides consulting, training, and other professional development opportunities covering all facets of developing and delivering library services for youth ranging in age from pre-school through teens.
Contact Coordinator of Youth Services, Ruth Hyatt, for assistance with:
- Summer Reading Programs
- Library programming of all types for children and young adults
- Professional development opportunities
- Arkansas Choice Book Awards: Arkansas Diamond Primary Award, Arkansas Teen Book Award, and the Charlie May Simon Award
Virtual Sessions for Youth Programmers
The Coordinator of Youth Services hosts weekly virtual meetings for library staff to discuss all aspects of children’s and youth programming.
Youth Services Virtual Meeting Information
- Day & Time: Thursdays at 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Zoom
- Audience: Staff at Arkansas public libraries responsible for youth programming and those working with youth ranging in age from pre-school through teens.
- For more information or an invitation to the sessions, please contact Ruth Hyatt.
For more information, contact:
- Ruth Hyatt
- Coordinator of Youth Services
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2860