Arkansas participates in the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP). The CSLP is a national grassroots consortium of libraries working together to promote interest in reading and library use, including the development and implementation of high-quality summer reading programs.
By combining resources and working with a commercial vendor to produce materials designed exclusively for CSLP members, public libraries in participating states or systems can purchase posters, reading logs, bookmarks, certificates and a variety of reading incentives at significant savings.
As a member of CSLP, The Arkansas State Library provides the following services to public libraries in Arkansas to enhance Summer Reading programs:
- Pays for the annual membership so that Arkansas public libraries have access to the content, materials and products created, produced and distributed by the membership body of CSLP.
- Purchases Summer Reading manuals, promotional items and some program materials on behalf of participating public libraries.
- Serves as a liaison between CSLP and Arkansas public libraries.
- Provides program input at the annual CSLP meeting and casts the Arkansas vote on themes, materials and incentives.
- Offers training, facilitates discussion, and hosts brainstorming sessions for public library staff on how to implement successful Summer Reading programs.
To participate in a Summer Reading program, contact your local public library. Check the library directory to find a branch near you!
For more information, contact:
- Ruth Hyatt
- Coordinator of Youth Services
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2860