The Arkansas State Library facilitates three book awards across the state. Each award winner is selected by eligible students on an annual basis:
- Arkansas Diamond Primary Book Award, established in 1998 to encourage reading for students in Grades K-3;
- Arkansas Teen Book Award, founded in 2009 to encourage reading among Arkansas youth; and
- Charlie May Simon Children’s Book Award, presented annually since 1971through a vote taken by Arkansas school children in grades four, five and six.
For more information about the awards, contact:
- Ruth Hyatt
- Library Coordinator, Youth Services
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2860.