The Arkansas Teen Book Award was founded in 2009 in order to encourage reading among Arkansas youth and recognize quality young adult literature.
The Arkansas Teen Book Award has two audience divisions:
- Level 1: 7th-9th grade
- Level 2: 10th-12th grade
Reading List and Voting
Nominations for award consideration are accepted from the public. The nominated titles are read and voted on by teachers and librarians across Arkansas to create an annual reading list.
Teens vote for their favorite titles to determine the ultimate winners of the award.
Level One Nominees for 2019-2020
- The Cruel Prince, by Holly Black
- Hey Kiddo, by Jarrett Krosockza
- I am Still Alive, by Kate Alice Marshall
- Illegal, by Eoin Colfer
- Sadie, by Courtney Summers
Level Two Nominees for 2019-2020
- Darius the Great is Not Okay, by Adib Khorram
- On the Come Up, by Angie Thomas
- The Poet X, by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Truly Devious, by Maureen Johnson
Posters and bookmarks for the 2019-2020 nominees are available from the Arkansas State Library. Contact Ruth Hyatt via email for information about ordering materials.
Find more information about current and past titles on ARTBA’s Goodreads website.
The steering committee is composed of seven members: three public librarians, three school librarians, and one representative from the Arkansas State Library. Excepting the permenant Arkansas State Library position, all members serve a minimum four year term.
New members are solicited as needed. Libraries interested in serving on the committee are encouraged to first serve as a reader or moderator for the awards.
To become a future reader, recommend titles, or get more information about the program, please contact the steering committee via email at email@example.com or the Arkansas Teen Book Award website.
For more information, contact:
- Ruth Hyatt
- Coordinator of Youth Services
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2860