A.C.A §13-2-212 requires Arkansas state agencies, boards and commissions, state supported colleges and universities, to deposit copies of their documents with the official State Documents Depository at the Arkansas State Library.
The State Documents Depository accepts both current and historical state documents. Agencies must send documents to the Arkansas State Library (ASL) at the release of the first printing, or when published to an agency’s website.
All digital files may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print copies may be deposited at ASL in the manner most convenient to your agency. If available, delivery to the library via the State Courier Service is recommended.
Send shipments to:
- Arkansas State Library
- State Publications Depository & Clearinghouse
- 900 W. Capitol, Suite 100
- Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
Number of Copies to Submit
The number of copies required by the Arkansas State Library depends primarily on the format in which a publication is published and distributed.
- For documents published and distributed exclusively in digital format, the Arkansas State Library must receive a copy of the digital file, and the URL where it is published on the Internet. Send digital documents to ASL via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Digital documents will be uploaded to the library’s Arkansas Documents Digital Collection, where they may be freely accessed and downloaded. Arkansas state depository libraries are then notified of a digital document’s availability in the online repository.
Digital & Print Format
- For materials published and distributed in both print and digital formats, the Arkansas State Library must receive at least 4 copies of the print version, in addition to a copy of the digital file and the URL at which it is published.
For documents published and distributed exclusively in print format, review the following guidelines to determine how many copies to deposit with ASL:
- Document Types for State Agencies, Boards & Commissions
- Document Types for State-Supported Education Institutions
For more information or assistance, contact:
- Jennifer Razer
- Senior Librarian, Digital Services
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2550