The Arkansas State Documents Depository and The State and Local Government Publications Clearinghouse programs are mandated by A.C.A §§ 13-2-210 – 13-2-214, first enacted by Act 489 of 1979.
The State Documents Depository maintains a central, permanent, and publicly accessible collection of state documents and publications housed at the Arkansas State Library. The State and Local Government Publications Clearinghouse program provides access to these publications on a local level by distributing copies of the documents to a statewide network of designated state depository libraries.
The State Documents Depository program provides:
- Maintenance and retention of state documents in a permanent, central collection;
- Availability of state documents at local community levels through the distribution of documents to designated state depository libraries;
- Preparation of bibliographic records to provide access to the collection;
- Reference services for state government and the public to assist in accessing state government information.
The State Documents Depository at the Arkansas State Library permanently retains all materials in both the Arkansas Documents and Arkansas Rules collections. These collections are publicly accessible onsite during normal business hours.
Digital state documents are freely accessible for viewing and download from the State Library’s Arkansas Documents Digital Collections.
Assistance using Arkansas Documents
For assistance in using or accessing the Arkansas Documents or Rules collections, call 501-682-2053 during business hours or use the online Ask a Librarian service.
For more information or assistance, contact:
- Jennifer Razer
- Senior Librarian, Digital Services
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2550