The Arkansas Center for the Book lends sets of materials in support of book clubs to encourage active reading and literacy. Current registrated clubs are located throughout the state of Arkansas.
Borrowing Book Sets
Book clubs must register with the Arkansas Center for the Books; clubs must meet in or be facilitated by an Arkansas library.
- Registered libraries may borrow book club sets for eight to twelve weeks.
- Book clubs may schedule up to twelve titles per calendar year.
- All sets contain at least twelve copies of the title.
- Discussion guides are included when available.
The Center maintains a collection of 300 fiction and nonfiction titles.
Titles available are accessible in the project’s LibraryThing collection. All titles are tagged by audience level, genre and publication year. To search by desired tag, select the “tag” button from the top menu bar, and select from the available list and LibraryThing will return filtered results.
Registration & Assistance
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to:
- Register a book club
- Get assistance in organizing and developing library-based book clubs
- Host a Gathering of the Groups for libraries and book club members in nearby towns
- Suggest new titles for the Book Club Collection
For more information, contact:
- Karen O’Connell
- Coordinator, Arkansas Center for the Book
- email@example.com or 501-682-2874