Since 2001, If All Arkansas Read the Same Book is an annual, statewide reading program designed to encourage the enjoyment of reading and to promotion of book discussion in libraries of all types across Arkansas.
The selection for 2021’s If All Arkansas Read the Same Book is Fiona Davis’ novel, The Lions of Fifth Avenue (New York: Dutton, 2020).
Fiona Davis is a nationally bestselling author of historical novels set in iconic New York City buildings. The Lions of Fifth Avenue follows a parallel narrative set in 1913 and 1993, in which book thefts from the New York Public Library (Main Branch on Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street) connect the time periods.
Fiona Davis will present at two live virtual visits this summer:
- Thursday, June 10, 2021, 6:30 pm CDT: Author presentation with time for audience Q&A, via Zoom webinar and livestreamed over YouTube. Participants must register online. Registered participants will be sent a Zoom link the day before the program.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 6:30 pm CDT: Virtual Gathering of the Book Clubs, via Zoom. Participants must register online. Registered participants will be sent a Zoom link the day before the program.
Recordings of the 2020 sessions are available on the Arkansas State Library’s YouTube channel.
Past Book Selections
- 2020: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- 2019: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- 2018: Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- 2017: N/A
- 2016: The Pecan Man by Cassie Dandridge Selleck
- 2015: The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield
- 2014: Perfect Peace by Daniel Black
- 2013: Camp Nine by Vivienne Schiffer
- 2012: Icing on the Cake by Laura Castoro
- 2011: N/A
- 2010: Tenth anniversary of the Center celebrated by reading 10 books in 10 months: the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris.
- 2009: A Long, Hard Road to Freedom by Petrus Lai Nguyen and Derlyne Gibson
- 2008: N/A
- 2007: A Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier
- 2006: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald; in conjunction with The Big Read, The Bookmaker’s Daughter by Shirley Abbott
- 2005: Gods and Generals by Jeff Shaara
- 2004: The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros; A Secret Word by Jennifer Paddock
- 2003: All Over But the Shoutin’ by Rick Bragg; Promises Kept by Sidney McMath
- 2002: The Captain’s Wife by Douglas Kelley
- 2001: To Dance with the White Dog by Terry Kay
For more information, contact:
- Karen O’Connell
- Coordinator, Arkansas Center for the Book
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-682-2874