- Get Inspired with School Library Connection (36 minutes)
Provides an introductory tour of the variety of professional learning opportunities available through School Library Connection for school library professionals.
- Getting Started with ABC-Clio Databases (57 minutes)
Session developed for Arkansas educators to master the basic features and functionality of the ABC-CLIO Curriculum & Research platform and coaching student research. Includes modeling of pedagogical tools and resources for students’ use, as well as identifying where and how to locate resources for teachers and students.
- Ready-to-Use Resources for Remote Learning (51 minutes)
Demonstrates how ABC-CLIO databases can support remote teaching strategies with ready-to-use instructional content and customization tools to meet specific curriculum needs for virtual, face-to-face or a hybrid instruction.
EBSCO LearningExpress Library
- LearningExpress Video Guides (20 minutes)
Video guides cover topics such as registering as a new user, searching for resources, and how to take a tutorial. Available as a full-length comprehensive video or as shorter videos covering individual topics. All videos include closed captioning and a downloadable transcript.
- LearningExpress Library Jobs and Career Accelerator (10 minutes)
Video tutorial demonstrating the resume and cover letter builders, job search interface, interest and skills matchers, and occupation explorer.
- LearningExpress for Public Libraries (33 minutes)
Demonstration of LearningExpress’ Public Library module; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- LearningExpress: PrepStep for High Schools (36 minutes)
Covers LearningExpress resources available for high school students; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- LearningExpress: PreStep for Academic Libraries (35 minutes)
Covers LearningExpress resources available for college and graduate students; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- Comprehensive resource guide on all ProQuest products, including ProQuest Central.
- ProQuest Education Coursepack; focuses on eLibrary, CultureGrams, SIRS Issues Researcher, and SIRS Discoverer. Excellent resource for teachers and includes scavenger hunts on the databases.
- Comprehensive resource guide on all World Book products; individual guides available for all modules, Early Learning, Kids, Student, Advanced, Discover, and eBooks.
- Distance-Learning Resources cover ways to use World Book in support of distance learning. It includes additional information about each product, video tutorials, at home lesson ideas, and resources for parents.
- World Book Database Training (1 hours 1 minute)
Demonstration of World Book resources available through the Traveler program; presented by Megan Crowley, Director of Training for World Book. Email regsitration with World Book required prior to viewing.
- World Book Educator Starter Kit contains links to key areas in World Book that facilitate in-person learning in the classroom as well as distance learning.
- How to Locate Materials by Standard contains instructions on how educators can find materials within the Early Learning, Kids, Student and Advanced World Book modules that correlate to a specific curriculum standard.
- How it Works (2 minutes)
Brief YouTube video demonstration of Mango’s methods to teach foreign languages.
- Library Staff Training (7 minutes)
Brief YouTube video demonstrating how library staff can help patrons set up an account and begin learning a new language with Mango Languages.
For more information, contact:
- Katie Walton
- Manager of Acquisitions
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-2266
The Traveler project is made possible by a grant from U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Arkansas State Library under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act.