Current Traveler Subscriptions
Libraries and schools are welcome to distribute the Traveler program’s current list of available resources to their patrons and students. The current subscription package is valid from August 1, 2021 through July 31, 2024.
All titles are accessible from the Arkansas State Library’s website, but Arkansas schools and libraries can also register to provide onsite access at their institutions.
Watch the video tutorial (1 hour) for an overview of the Traveler program, including highlights of several resources.
ABC-Clio provides an online portal that gives Arkansas librarians and educators on-demand access to various resources and professional development opportunities. Access is restricted to Arkansans only; location services must be enabled to authenticate.
The training portal provides access to:
- Upcoming trainings
- On-demand recordings of past training sessions
- Train-the-trainer resources
- Individual database guides
- Access to ABC-Clio’s educator support site and to School Library Connection
- LearningExpress Video Guides (20 minutes)
Video guides cover topics such as registering as a new user, searching for resources, and how to take a tutorial. Available as a full-length comprehensive video or as shorter videos covering individual topics. All videos include closed captioning and a downloadable transcript.
- LearningExpress Library Jobs and Career Accelerator (10 minutes)
Video tutorial demonstrating the resume and cover letter builders, job search interface, interest and skills matchers, and occupation explorer.
- LearningExpress for Public Libraries (33 minutes)
Demonstration of LearningExpress’ Public Library module; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- LearningExpress: PrepStep for High Schools (36 minutes)
Covers LearningExpress resources available for high school students; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- LearningExpress: PreStep for Academic Libraries (35 minutes)
Covers LearningExpress resources available for college and graduate students; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- Infobase Science Resources Webinar (48 minutes)
Demonstration of Science Online and Today’s Science; presented by InfoBase trainer Michelle Faber.
- Science Online Educator’s Guide
Includes helpful product information and highlights for educators and librarians using Science Online for the first time.
- Science Online Overview (5 minutes)
Brief video demonstration of resources in Science Online.
- Today’s Science Educator’s Guide
Includes helpful product information and highlights for educators and librarians using Today’s Science for the first time.
- Today’s Science Overview (8 minutes)
Brief video demonstration of resources in Today’s Science.
- How it Works (2 minutes)
Brief YouTube video demonstration of Mango’s methods to teach foreign languages.
- Library Staff Training (7 minutes)
Brief YouTube video demonstrating how library staff can help patrons set up an account and begin learning a new language with Mango Languages.
- Comprehensive resource guide on all ProQuest products, including ProQuest Central.
- ProQuest Education Coursepack; focuses on eLibrary, CultureGrams, SIRS Issues Researcher, and SIRS Discoverer. Excellent resource for teachers and includes scavenger hunts on the databases.
- Comprehensive resource guide on all World Book products; individual guides available for all modules, Early Learning, Kids, Student, Advanced, Discover, and eBooks.
- Distance-Learning Resources cover ways to use World Book in support of distance learning. It includes additional information about each product, video tutorials, at home lesson ideas, and resources for parents.
- World Book Database Training (1 hours 1 minute)
Demonstration of World Book resources available through the Traveler program; presented by Megan Crowley, Director of Training for World Book. Email regsitration with World Book required prior to viewing.
- World Book Educator Starter Kit contains links to key areas in World Book that facilitate in-person learning in the classroom as well as distance learning.
- How to Locate Materials by Standard contains instructions on how educators can find materials within the Early Learning, Kids, Student and Advanced World Book modules that correlate to a specific curriculum standard.
For more information, contact:
- Katie Walton
- Manager of Acquisitions
- email@example.com or (501) 682-2266
The Traveler project is made possible by a grant from U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Arkansas State Library under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act.