ABC-Clio provides an online portal that gives Arkansas librarians and educators on-demand access to various resources and professional development opportunities. Access is restricted to Arkansans only; location services must be enabled to authenticate.
The training portal provides access to:
- Upcoming trainings
- On-demand recordings of past training sessions
- Train-the-trainer resources
- Individual database guides
- Access to ABC-Clio’s educator support site and to School Library Connection
- LearningExpress Video Guides (20 minutes)
Video guides cover topics such as registering as a new user, searching for resources, and how to take a tutorial. Available as a full-length comprehensive video or as shorter videos covering individual topics. All videos include closed captioning and a downloadable transcript.
- LearningExpress Library Jobs and Career Accelerator (10 minutes)
Video tutorial demonstrating the resume and cover letter builders, job search interface, interest and skills matchers, and occupation explorer.
- LearningExpress for Public Libraries (33 minutes)
Demonstration of LearningExpress’ Public Library module; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- LearningExpress: PrepStep for High Schools (36 minutes)
Covers LearningExpress resources available for high school students; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- LearningExpress: PreStep for Academic Libraries (35 minutes)
Covers LearningExpress resources available for college and graduate students; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King.
- How it Works (2 minutes)
Brief YouTube video demonstration of Mango’s methods to teach foreign languages.
- Library Staff Training (7 minutes)
Brief YouTube video demonstrating how library staff can help patrons set up an account and begin learning a new language with Mango Languages.
- Comprehensive resource guide on all ProQuest products, including ProQuest Central.
- ProQuest Education Coursepack; focuses on eLibrary, CultureGrams, SIRS Issues Researcher, and SIRS Discoverer. Excellent resource for teachers and includes scavenger hunts on the databases.
- Comprehensive resource guide on all World Book products; individual guides available for all modules, Early Learning, Kids, Student, Advanced, Discover, and eBooks.
- Distance-Learning Resources cover ways to use World Book in support of distance learning. It includes additional information about each product, video tutorials, at home lesson ideas, and resources for parents.
- World Book Database Training (1 hours 1 minute)
Demonstration of World Book resources available through the Traveler program; presented by Megan Crowley, Director of Training for World Book. Email regsitration with World Book required prior to viewing.
- World Book Educator Starter Kit contains links to key areas in World Book that facilitate in-person learning in the classroom as well as distance learning.
- How to Locate Materials by Standard contains instructions on how educators can find materials within the Early Learning, Kids, Student and Advanced World Book modules that correlate to a specific curriculum standard.
For more information, contact:
- Katie Walton
- Manager of Acquisitions
- email@example.com or (501) 682-2266
The Traveler project is made possible by a grant from U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Arkansas State Library under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act.