Free online library-specific courses for all library workers and volunteers are available through WebJunction. Accounts are free and courses can be accessed on-demand.
- Arkansas Public Library Survey (2 hours 2 minutes)
Demonstrates the survey interface and how to input the data. Includes how to present survey results to local stakeholders for library promotion.
- Census 2020 for Librarians (58 minutes)
Covers how to guide patrons through the 2020 Census online questionnaire, and provides information to patrons’ frequently asked questions.
- LearningExpress for Public Libraries (33 minutes)
Demonstration of LearningExpress’ Public Library module; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King. LearningExpress is available to Arkansas’ libraries and residents through the Traveler program.
- LearningExpress: PrepStep for High Schools (36 minutes)
Covers LearningExpress resources available for high school students; presented by EBSCO trainer Jimmie King. LearningExpress is available to Arkansas’ libraries and residents through the Traveler program.
- World Book Database Training (1 hours 1 minute)
Demonstration of World Book resources available through the Traveler program; presented by Megan Crowley, Director of Training for World Book. Email regsitration with World Book required prior to viewing.
- May Day: Summer Safety for Public Libraries (1 hour 5 minutes)
Covers best practices to ensure a culture of safety at public libraries.
- Online Snakeoil (56 minutes)
Enter CE17 for access; presented by Alice Jaggers of UAMS on April 2017. Covers how to assist patrons finding quality health information.
- Youth Services Workshop
Recorded sessions from 2020 and 2019 events.
For more information on customized training services available through the Arkansas State Library, contact:
- Jennifer Wann
- Manager of Library Development
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-5288