- Interest Meetings
The Arkansas State Library launched the Mockingbird Virtual Union Catalog in 2022. Mockingbird currently has 53 participants including special, academic, and public libraries which have facilitated over 1,000 loans in under a year.
2023 Application Window for New Participating Libraries
The contract for the Mockingbird SHAREit platform covers the costs for up to 75 library participants. The Arkansas State Library will implement the final cohort of 22 libraries by September of 2023.
Membership is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis to libraries that agree to the program requirements. Libraries interested in Mockingbird should join now.
The application window is open from June 5th through June 23rd, 2023. The application requires specific information about the library’s ILS, current ILL workflows, and contact information for the library’s ILL and System staff.
Digital forms will be available during the application window, but preview the application in advance to ensure adequate time to retrieve the information required: 2023 Mockingbird Application Preview.
Who Should Apply
Space in the remaining cohort is limited to Arkansas public, special, or academic libraries that will:
- Participate in ILL services through the Mockingbird platform;
- Support the implementation and onboarding of their library through consistent and timely communication with the Mockingbird Coordinator;
- Designate one staff member as the primary contact for ILL services who will attend onboarding training (virtually or in-person) and the user-group meetings offered quarterly; and
- Obtain necessary information from their ILS vendor and maintain consistent and timely communication with all vendors and Arkansas State Library Staff.
Dates and Timelines
- Application Window: June 5th through June 23rd
- Platform Implementation: July through August of 2023
- Training: September and October of 2023.
Two interest meetings are scheduled to provide information about Mockingbird. Libraries don’t have to attend the interest meetings to join Mockingbird provided they fulfill the requirements for participation.
Interest meetings will be conducted via zoom on the following dates:
- May 24th, 2023, 9 – 10 AM CST
- Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 822 0793 9113
- Passcode: 770230
- May 30th, 2023, 2 – 3 PM CST
- Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 854 5448 2674
- Passcode: 030841
The Arkansas State Library pays the implementation fee ($1,850), annual subscription costs ($1,575), and the annual hosting fee ($9,500) for the first 75 libraries participating in Mockingbird. The fees listed above will be covered for any library accepted in the remaining 22 spaces.
Costs for shipping, mailing supplies, lost or damaged books, and staffing is the responsibility of the library.
A full-time coordinator assigned to the Mockingbird program is available to answer questions and support the use of the platform through office hours, best practice document creation, and ongoing training.
For more information about Mockingbird, please contact:
- Jessica Kirk
- Statewide Sharing and Engagement Coordinator
- (501) 682-2867