Browsealoud® provides easy-to-use inline accessibility tools for library websites and public access computers for patrons with diverse accessibility challenges. This simple toolbar addition gives web visitors instant access to supportive features helping to reduce barriers to digital content.
All public libraries in the state of Arkansas may register to use Browsealoud® through the Arkansas State Library’s statewide contract. There is no cost for Arkansas public libraries to use this service.
- Screen reading | Hover to Speak: Reads webpage text aloud. Text is selected by hovering over it with a mouse.
- Screen reading | Play: Reads webpage text aloud. Patrons select an entire page or paragraph to be read.
- Page translator: Translates webpage text to 99 languages. Screen reading support is provided to 40 languages.
- Magnifier: Enlarges text as it is read aloud.
- Picture dictionary: Displays word meaning through illustration.
- Screen masking: Allows users to target a small screen area to minimize visual distractions.
- MP3 generator: Generates an audio file of any webpage’s content for convenient offline listening.
- PDF viewer: Enables Browsealoud®’s features for online PDF documents.
For more information about Browsealoud®, please contact:
- Katie Walton
- Manager of Acquisitions
- (501) 682-2266