As more Arkansans are eligible to be vaccinated, library patrons may have questions about the safety and efficacy of the vaccines. The vaccines were developed at unprecedented speed, and scientific and medical information can often be challenging for consumers to make sense of.
The following resources can help answer patrons’ questions. These resources are from respected health organizations that provide accurate vaccine information in everyday language. The following information should not be interpreted as medical advice and individuals with specific health concerns should consult with a healthcare provider.
- Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Is the COVID-19 Vaccine Safe? (Johns Hopkins Medicine)
- COVID-19 Vaccines (U.S. National Library of Medicine, Medline Plus)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Get the Facts (Mayo Clinic)
Finding Accurate and Unbiased Vaccine Information
- Finding Credible Vaccine Information (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Establishing the Truth: Vaccines, Social Media, and the Spread of Misinformation (Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health)
For more information, contact:
- Jennifer Wann
- Manager of Library Development
- email@example.com or (501) 682-5288