CDC COVID-19 Community Levels
Guidance & Resources from the AR Department of Health
- COVID-19 Resources for Hearing Impaired
- Public Health Recommendations in Marshallese
- Self Home Quarantine
- Quarantine Handout — simple explanation of quarantine for posting in break room or staff area
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Everyone ages 5 and older is eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination. The CDC recommends an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. Booster shots are currently available for those ages 16 and older.
Mask & Respirator Information
Project N95 – nonprofit organization that helps consumers find legitimate PPE
Library workers in regular contact with members of public might not receive enough protection from cloth masks or surgical masks that fit loosely. Experts recommend using N95s, FFP2s, and KN95s.
Resources for Emotional & Mental Well-Being
- AR Connect Mental Health Call Center 501.526.3563 or 1.800.482.9921; available 24/7
- Disaster Distress Helpline 1.800.985.5990; Talk with a trained crisis counselor at SAMHSA’s hotline
- Coping with Stress during Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Legislation Affecting Public Entities
Act 977 prohibits state and local governments from requiring vaccinations against the virus as a condition of employment or for members of the public to access services.
Act 1002 sought to prevent public entities from enacting local mask mandates. A preliminary injunction against the enforcement of Act 1002 was issued on August 6, 2021 by Judge Tim Fox of the Pulaski County Circuit Court pending the outcome of the trial. On December 29, 2021 Judge Fox issued a ruling declaring Act 1002 unconstitutional.
For more information, contact:
- Jennifer Wann
- Manager of Library Development
- firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 682-5288