The Arkansas State Library received CARES Act funding through the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
CARES Act Purposes are to:
- Prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19;
- Expand digital network access, purchase internet accessible devices, and provide technical support services.
To achieve these purposes, the funding is to be used as follows:
- (a) Primarily to address digital inclusion and related technical support;
- (b) Secondarily to address other efforts and prevent, prepare for and respond to COVID-19;
- (c) With respect to (a) or (b), reach museum and tribal partners, traditionally eligible library entities.
The Arkansas State Library is providing a virtual summer reading program through ReadSquared, technology training to help libraries address technology issues before, during, and after a crisis, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, and LearningExpress Library which supports students and professionals alike with academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep, and job search resources.