The Arkansas State Library is proud to offer a virtual full day fall workshop to help library staff begin preparations for the upcoming session of Summer Reading. Join us via zoom for three keynote sessions presented by Will Stuck.
- Summer Reading – An Ocean of Possibilities
- For the Guppies – Pre-K & Family Programs
- We’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat – Elementary & Teen Programs
Librarians from around the state will present up to a dozen breakout sessions on a wide variety of topics relevant to Youth Services.
Date: Friday, November 19, 2021, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, October 31 is the last day to register.
Audience: Public Library and school staff.
Cost: $10 per participant or $40 per five (5) participants
Supplies List: Please see supplies list below or download a printable copy
Participants must register online. Registration deadline is Sunday, October 31. Registered participants will be sent Zoom links on November 17, 2021.
8.0 Professional Development Hours accredited by ADE are available to participants.
Will Stuck will be leading participants through a craft project during each keynote session. Please have these supplies ready for each participant. Handout materials will be sent to participants via mail or email closer to the date of the workshop.
- Single hole punch
- Dish soap
- Dark blue colored pencil or crayon
- White colored pencil or crayon
- 1 – 16 oz. Plastic drinking cup (e.g. red Solo cup size/type)
- 1 – Bendy straw
- 2 – Rubber bands
- 2 – Wooden clothes pins
- 1 sheet – Blue Paper (construction or copy will work)
- 2 sheets – White card stock
- 2 sheets – Strong paper towels (Bounty, Brawny, etc. The cheap ones won’t work well)
Please contact Ruth Hyatt, email@example.com, for more information.