Communication flows between the Arkansas State Library and each state agency, board, commission and state supported educational institution concerning the deposit of publications. Generally speaking, the most typical communications include questions on which documents to deposit, how many copies of a title to send, or to answer questions concerning the historical background of a specific title.
To expedite these requests and for the convenience of both the state agency, board, commission and state supported educational institution and the Arkansas State Library, agency directors are asked to designate a publication contact person(s) referred to as the “Agency Liaison”. The agency liaison(s) serves as the primary contact for the state agency, board, commission and state supported educational institution. Choice of a liaison should be based on convenience to the agency. The liaison should be someone familiar with all your agency’s publications and organization.
Within an agency, the Agency Liaison may establish a network of other staff to assist with identifying and sending publications to ASL. Each individual division, department, office, etc. may have an assigned liaison.
Duties of the Agency Liaison
- Send printed copies and URL notification of the availability of digital publications to ASL.
- Contact ASL staff when questions arise about whether certain publications should be sent.
- Assist ASL staff with referrals when questions need to be asked of experts in their agency.
- Respond to claims for missing copies or missing titles and resolve any issues concerning the status of a specific title such as, discrepancies in frequency and/or title changes, etc.
- Ensure required certification and submissions forms are completed by appropriate staff.
- Submit monthly publication list.
Whenever a change in the Agency Liaison occurs, ASL is to be notified immediately by the agency. They are to complete the Agency Liaison Form below and submit electronically to ASL via email. The new liaison will be contacted to set up an orientation session.
State Agency Liaison Contact Form
**If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader, the form can be completed, saved and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org